clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Gold Glove winners: Rangers lead the way in AL, D-backs and Cubs impress in NL

With the 2023 season officially in the books, MLB commenced handing out some hardware with the Gold Glove Awards on Sunday night.

Adolis Garcia of the Texas Rangers makes a diving catch to end the game against the Colorado Rockies at Globe Life Field on May 19, 2023 in Arlington, Texas. Photo by Richard Rodriguez/Getty Images

The 2023 MLB season is officially in the books, but before we get a busy offseason, it’s time to hand out some hardware. First up: The Gold Glove winners, which were announced in a live broadcast on Sunday night. Unsurprisingly, the two World Series participants — the Rangers and D-backs — were among the biggest winners, along with the Cubs, Blue Jays and Guardians.

As a reminder, Major League managers and coaches — voting only within their league and unable to vote for players on their own teams — account for 75 percent of the vote, while the other 25 percent goes to media members. Awards are given out in the AL and NL separately, which has been the process since 1958.

2023 Gold Glove winners

American League

C: Jonah Heim, Texas Rangers
1B: Nathaniel Lowe, Texas Rangers
2B: Andres Gimenez, Cleveland Guardians
3B: Matt Chapman, Toronto Blue Jays
SS: Anthony Volpe, New York Yankees
OF: Adolis Garcia, Texas Rangers; Steven Kwan, Cleveland Guardians; Kevin Kiermaier, Toronto Blue Jays
P: Jose Berrios, Toronto Blue Jays

National League

C: Gabriel Moreno, Arizona Diamondbacks
1B: Christian Walker, Arizona Diamondbacks
2B: Nico Hoerner, Chicago Cubs
3B: Ke’Bryan Hayes, Pittsburgh Pirates
SS: Dansby Swanson, Chicago Cubs
OF: Ian Happ, Chicago Cubs; Brenton Doyle, Colorado Rockies; Alek Thomas, Arizona Diamondbacks
SP: Zack Wheeler, Philadelphia Phillies