Gervonta “Tank” Davis (27-0) will put his undefeated record on the line Saturday, Jan 7, against Hector Luis Garcia (16-0) at the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C. This match will be the main event on a six-fight card that will begin at 9:00 pm ET.
This Saturday’s fight will be a homecoming for Davis and his first fight without Mayweather Productions as he will now embark on his own path. Garcia normally fights in the featherweight class but will step up to the lightweight class for this one. The ring walk for this matchup is expected to take place around 12:00 a.m. ET.
While they are the main event, let’s take a look at some odds for the other fights on the night courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook. When looking at the initial odds, there are several large favorites, so barring something major, the oddsmakers don’t expect many upsets to happen. The fighter with the smallest odds of the bunch is Rashidi Ellis (24-0), who will take on Roiman Villa (25-1), but it would take a major upset for the welterweight fighter to lose his first career bout.
Gervonta Davis -1600 vs. Hector Luis Garcia +800
Jaron Ennis -3500 vs. Karen Chukhadzhian +1100
Rashidi Ellis -550 vs. Roiman Villa +370
Demetrius Andrade -4000 vs. Demond Nicholson +1200
Full Card for Gervonta Davis vs. Luis Garcia
- Main event: Gervonta Davis wins by TKO-9 (0:13) over Hector Luis Garcia
- Jaron Ennis wins UD (120-108, 120-108, 120-108) over Karen Chukhadzhian
- Roiman Villa wins by MD (113-113, 114-112, 114-112) over Rashidi Ellis
- Demetrius Andrade wins by UD (100-88, 100-88, 100-88) over Demond Nicholson
- Vito Mielnicki Jr. wins by TKO-4 (0:26) over Omar Rosales
- Brandun Lee wins by TKO-4 (2:55) over Diego Luque
- Travon Marshall wins by TKO-1 (0:50) over Shawn West