Super Wild Card Weekend is almost upon us, and baby, it’s going to be cold outside. Especially in Kansas City for the Dolphins-Chiefs showdown on Saturday night.
Models keep trending colder and colder in KC. Latest numbers show kickoff temps below 0 degrees, with feels-like temps around -25 degrees. It will go down as one of the coldest games in NFL history.— Kevin Roth (@KevinRothWx) January 11, 2024
Note: with a feels-like temp of -25 degrees you can get frostbite on any… pic.twitter.com/TtSpZd99fA
Earlier this week on the Underdogs podcast, Peter Keating and Jordan Brenner explained why you shouldn't automatically be following conventional wisdom when it comes to the over/under or the warm weather road team going into the cold, and during his Top 5 on Friday’s The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz had a challenge for Patrick Mahomes — go out and have a legacy game!
It should be noted, that Tony delivered his Top 5 in an ice bath. Was it in solidarity with the Dolphins as they prepare to face the big chill in KC? Um ... not really. It was a punishment from Dan. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story!
After taking shots from Stugotz, via Billy, threatening the Shipping Container, predicting a Belichick-Cousins team up in Atlanta, eying a potential Joe Flacco revenge game in Baltimore, discussing the poetic justice of Matt Stafford breaking the Lions after years of them breaking his body and putting the Eagles on upset alert, at No. 1 Tony called out Patrick Mahomes and challenged him to step it up on Saturday.
Tony says it’s been too long that Mahomes has had everything laid out for him — great, receivers, great coaches, homefield advantage. Guess what? The legacy is on the line this weekend in -30 temps with WRs that aren’t that great, a potentially over-the-hill Travis Kelce and a not so great Matt Nagy. Go out and do what you’re paid to do and win this game, Mahomie! Forget about the Super Bowl wins, be the best QB in the NFL, right now! Throw that cinder block!
Also, what must passersby have been thinking watching Tony do all this in the ice bath looking like that dude in the vase from earlier this week.
Local Hour: Fake Pregame Show
- It’s a FAKE PREGAME SHOW! We’re getting you ready for Dolphins/Chiefs. Will this be the coldest game ever? The shipping container debates who brought up Eric Bieniemy first, the Panthers have won 9 in a row, and we learn how Dan’s beef with Jason Whitlock started. Tony’s athletic prowess is once again doubted by Billy, which leads to an investigation of his friendship with Luis.
The Big Suey: Get Your Nipples In
- Is there a mystery team with their sights on Bill Belichick, Dan banishes Tony to do his Top 5 from the coldest place in the studio. Plus, Lucy had a tough time at the National Championship game, tickets are under $75 for lower bowl tickets to the Dolphins vs Chiefs game, the world is waiting for NCAA ‘24 to drop and much more.
Hour 1: GenCFB + Hawk
- The GenCFB crew talks about the latest coaching moves, the National Championship game and much more. Plus, the Thomahawk team talks about the NFL Wild Card weekend and more.
#BecauseMiami: The Sharpened Veto Pen
- Billy Corben keeps saying that Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign is almost over. But what’s going to happen when his wrath from an embarrassing loss is unleashed on the state of Florida? NBC News senior national politics reporter Matt Dixon talks about how the actual campaign has gone. Florida State Representative Anna Eskamani, out of the 42nd district near Orlando, mentions some of the bad laws being debated in Tallahassee. And executive director of the Florida Women’s Freedom Coalition Anna Hochkammer discusses fighting to get abortion on the ballot.
Postgame Show: The Hockey Show
- Roy and David go over the Panthers road trip. From Too Man Men, Sara Civian gives us her Top 5 worst NHL jerseys, and Shayna Goldman discusses Matthew Tkachuk’s turnaround and how William Nylander’s contract extension affects the offseason.
Post-Postgame Show: PTFO Inside the “Jeopardy!” Gauntlet
- How does Katie keep dominating ‘Celebrity Jeopardy’? Plus: animal idiom brainteasers, the road warriors of handsome, going Fahrenheit 451 on “Wings,” and climbing the Mortal Kombat totem pole that inevitably leads to Ice-T.
The Crown Is Yours: Sign up for DraftKings and experience the ultimate host for games and betting experiences!