Mina Kimes joined The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz on Thursday to talk some NFL.
Dan notes that God Bless Football has been obsessed with what is going on with the Broncos, leading Dan to ask Mina what is real and true because he’s got a lot of people telling him that Russell Wilson has been playing very well, but he also sees a lot of turnovers and a lot of sacks there.
Mina says it’s a perfect question because she’s planning a YouTube video on that very topic! And she explains it by making a play on the old mantra of “Let Russ cook” ...
"He's basically Alex Smith now in Denver. Sean Payton got him to just check it down and lean on the run game...Let Russ Cook is over. It's Let Russ Make Snacks." - @minakimes on Russell Wilson and the Denver Broncos.— Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz (@LeBatardShow) November 30, 2023
Building upon Mina’s point of the improved Denver defense, Mike notes that the defense has a huge hand in how the offense puts up points, with that unit creating so many turnovers that the offense is often starting drives in opposing territory.
in this 5 game win streak, 30% of their drives have started following an opp TO. That's 11% higher than 2nd place 49ers and gap between DEN and SF is same as SF and #28 Rams https://t.co/u0nh9jzNU3— Clevta (@Clevta) November 29, 2023
Mike says Denver is just kind of getting lucky and he doubts that this is sustainable. Mina notes often a lot of football is just explained by turnovers, but also field position and where a team starts drives. Those are things she says you should look up when trying to figure out how good teams really are. It really does tell a story, and Mina says he’s 1,000 percent right about the Broncos. But, she does point out that Wilson looks mobile again. Even if she just compared him to Alex Smith, she notes that he is one of the better QBs in the NFL when he’s on the move this year and he’s been very good in the red zone at keeping plays alive.
And, yes, snacks > meals for the win.
Mina’s time on the show was going swimmingly until Chris Cote had to go and RUIN IT!!!!
We unleashed the single FASTEST segment in the history of segments – @minakimes giving you NFL info as quick as humanly possible....right up until @__ChrisCote ruined it, that is.— Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz (@LeBatardShow) November 30, 2023
Meanwhile, has Alabama somehow become ... an underdog?!?!?!?
Local Hour: The Chicken of the Trees
- After Amin Elhassan reveals he’s “not a good breather,” Dan wants to have a conversation with the Oddball crew and the Shipping Container about iguanas taking over South Florida. Then, Mike still hates K*** L**** of the Miami Heat, Chris wants us to appreciate their recent years of success, and Erik Spoelstra’s divorce leads us to discussing the loneliness and unhappiness in coaching. Plus, Charlotte freezes, Mark Cuban getting out of NBA ownership could mean a sign of something more, and JuJu and Amin tell us about an impromptu stand-up show they witnessed last night.
The Big Suey: Bring Back Kevin Pollak!
- Shaq has gotten mad at both Dan and Amin and has “3” words to describe Heat Culture. Charlotte continues to tell INCREDIBLE jokes, and Jess and Lucy discuss the new imaging for their College Football show that’s definitely not called Foot Girls™️. Plus, we’re all rooting for CFP chaos, College Gameday is changing, and Disney’s Bob Iger caves to the “go woke, go broke” mentality.
Hour 1: You Have a Booger In Your Nose
- Adnan Virk and David Samson join the show to discuss the Top 5 Ben Stiller movies as he turns 57 today. They also get into the recent Elon Musk comments telling advertisers who don’t want to advertise on Twitter to “Go F*** Yourself.” Then, Charlotte has been obsessed with The Golden Bachelor and has some scorching hot takes after Gerry was exposed as a fraud by an ex-girlfriend. This conversation takes a dive toward using pickup lines, confidence in farting, and old folks getting freaky. Plus, Charlotte and Jess bond over DVD extras, Weird Al takes out Spotify, and Amin and Dan believe Tropic Thunder was better than David and Adnan were willing to say.
Hour 2: Minute Kimes
- Mina Kimes is here to discuss a wide array of topics around the NFL, but can she do it in turbo speed? Tune into The Minute Kimes Show to find out! She also brings up the ever-flowing debate over wedding meals vs. hor dourves. Plus, JuJu delivers an electric Thursday Thunder, Deion Sanders wins SI Sportsperson of the Year, and the crew dishes out some of their greatest fears (and joys) when they’re high.
Postgame Show: The Thing About Being 17
- Riley Leonard has taken to The Transfer Portal Dating App, and it has all of us remembering how stupid we were at 17 and imagine having to make a massive decision on where to attend college and get paid thousands of dollars.
THURSDAY THUNDER PARLAY PICKS
The Crown Is Yours: Sign up for DraftKings and experience the ultimate host for games and betting experiences!