ESPN NFL analyst Mina Kimes joined The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz to talk about it what’s going on with the Buffalo Bills.
Amid all the recent struggles and turnover issues, Mina still thinks that Josh Allen is an outstanding quarterback, even if she had some doubts about Allen before he was drafted by the Bills. Mike points out that when a team with high expectations like the Bills doesn’t deliver to those expectations there has to be a sacrificial lamb and this week Ken Dorsey was that sacrificial lamb. Was that the right sacrificial lamb?
"I frankly don't think that (Ken Dorsey) was to blame for their losses. I do think he was a sacrificial lamb." – @minakimes says defensive injuries, turnovers and blunders in big moments are the reason for the Buffalo Bills struggles, not their OC.— Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz (@LeBatardShow) November 16, 2023
She highlights defensive injuries and turnovers in big moments as big issues hurting the Bills right now. Mina says the offense has been incredible and incredibly efficient this season with the highest success rate in football, but at the same time they have been the worst in the NFL in turnover differential and that’s why they’ve lost games. It’s not as fun, but it’s really the reason why she thinks they’ve been losing.
While Dan Orlovsky has said the Bills offense has been easy to prepare for this season, Mina doesn’t quite agree. She doesn’t think the Buffalo offense is bad just because they don’t use any of the more exciting elements that some other teams utilize. After all, she says if the Buffalo offense was bad it would be reflected in the numbers. So she doesn’t necessarily think Dorsey was to blame and he was something of a sacrificial lamb, but the Bills really didn’t have any other levers to pull so it was the only change left to make.
Meanwhile, Tony delivered the latest edition of his Top 5, even if it is a bit delayed ...
Local Hour: An Embarrassment of Riches
- Comedian Brad Williams joins the show today...as does Lucy, who was shamed back into the studio after taking a couple of days off for self-care. Also, do you like street poets? Plus, the Useless Sound Montage barely makes in time.
The Big Suey: I DO Know About Sports
- We ask the quintessential questions: are people more or less honest on the internet? Was Rudy Gobert fined for being French? And, most importantly, where is Lucy going this weekend? Plus, Chris Cote hates love.
Hour 1: Scape Goat or Sacrificial Lamb with Mina Kimes
- Andre 3000 is dropping a new album, but it’s all flute. How does Draymond keep getting away with this? Then Mina Kimes returns with a brand spankin new backdrop to discuss what’s wrong in Buffalo, merging families for Thanksgiving, Justin Herbert, her likability compared to other show personalities and misunderstood defensive statistics. Plus Amin’s Top 5 Evil Billionaires.
Hour 2: Can I Be The Awful Person In The Room?
- Can Aaron Rodgers win Comeback Player of the Year? Jessica is enjoying her shift to the back row and very intrigued by Arkansas redshirt players watching Polar Express in the locker room at halftime. How does Chip Kelly feel about his career? Mike continues to bask in Victor Wembenyama’s struggles and the gang discusses Elon Musk’s popularity in the wake of his announced A24 biopic.
Postgame Show: Tony’s Top 5
- Tony delivers his Top 5 on a Thursday live from Domino Park.
The Crown Is Yours: Sign up for DraftKings and experience the ultimate host for games and betting experiences!