The WBO interim heavyweight title will be up for grabs at the OVO Wembley Arena on Saturday, September 23 when Joe Joyce (15-1) and current champion Zhilel Zhang fight in rematch for the title. Zhang (25-1-1) will be defending the belt after he won the first fight in April.
How to watch Zhilei Zhang vs. Joe Joyce
The main card begins at 2:30 p.m. ET. The main event is expected to begin around 5:30 p.m. ESPN+ will handle the broadcast, but is not starting until 5 p.m., so we likely won’t see anything but the main event on the live stream.
Zhang (25-1-1, 20 KOs) is an unlikely champion, but as a massive underdog the 40-year-old Chinese born fighter, earned his first world title with a sixth-round TKO win over Joyce on April 15, 2023. He was a silver medalist at the 2008 Beijing Games in the super-heavyweight division.
Joyce (15-1, 14 KOs) won his first regional title in his fourth fight and continued to pile up regional championship until he was the No. 1 contender for the WBO interim title. The-38-year-old from London won the belt against Joseph Parker with an 11th-round KO on September 24, 2022 and lost it to Zhang in his first title defense.
Zhang is the -130 betting favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook in this fight after being a +600 underdog in the first fight. Joyce will the underdog Saturday at +105.
Full card for Zhilei Zhang vs. Joe Joyce
- Main event: Zhilei Zhang vs. Joe Joyce, 12 rounds, for Zhang’s WBO heavyweight interim title
- Anthony Yarde vs. Ricky Summers, 10 rounds, light heavyweights
- Pierce O’Leary vs. Kane Gardner, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
- Sam Noakes vs. Carlos Perez, 10 rounds, lightweights
- Zach Parker vs. Khalid Graidia, 10 rounds, super middleweights
- Tommy Fletcher vs. Alberto Tapia, 6 rounds, heavyweights
- Ezra Taylor vs. Joel McIntyre, 8 rounds, light heavyweights
- Sean Noakes vs. Lukasz Barabasz, 6 rounds, welterweights
- Aloys Youmbi vs. Erik Nazaryan, 6 rounds, cruiserweights
- Moses Itauma vs. Amine Boucetta, 6 rounds, heavyweights