The 50th Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest is set to take place in Coney Island, NY, on Monday, July 4th. Coverage for the women’s competition begins at 10:45 a.m. ET and coverage for the men’s competition begins at 12:00 p.m. ET. The competition began in 1967 and has been a Fourth of July staple every year uninterrupted since 1978.
14-time champion Joey Chestnut is the overwhelming favorite to win the men’s competition with -4000 odds on DraftKings Sportsbook. Seven-time women’s champion Miki Sudo is a heavy favorite on the women’s side with -4000 odds.
2022 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest rules
- Each contestant has 10 minutes to consume the as many hot dogs and buns of uniform weight and size that they can
- Contestants provided one plate at a time — each with five hot dogs and buns
- Ketchup and mustard provided, not mandatory
- Water provided by event officials, competitors can bring their own non-alcoholic beverages and will be provided a max of 13 cups
- Competitors can dunk hot dog and bun in cups for no longer than five seconds
- Hot dog and bun can be separated, can be broken in parts, but if only a portion of the hot dog is eaten, they must eat an equal part of the bun and vice versa
- No utensils allowed
- Contestant to finish the most hot dogs in a 10 minute span is deemed the winner