The 2022 NFL Draft has finally arrived. The action gets started on Thursday, April 28th at 8 p.m. ET with the first round. The second and third rounds follow on Friday, April 29th at 7 p.m. ET. The final day of the draft on Saturday, April 30th will start at noon.
One of the most exciting parts of the NFL Draft is the unpredictability. At any point, there can be a bombshell announcement that a trade has gone down for a team to move up and get their guy.
Ahead of the draft, there were five trades that occurred that affected this year’s draft order. First, when the Denver Broncos acquired quarterback Russell Wilson, they sent Seattle the No. 9 overall pick. The Las Vegas Raiders included the No. 22 pick in a deal to the Green Bay Packers for wide receiver Davante Adams. When the Houston Texans shipped former quarterback Deshaun Watson to the Cleveland Browns, they received this year’s 13th overall pick in return.
The Kansas City Chiefs executed a blockbuster trade that sent wide receiver Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for draft capital. This included the 29th pick in this year’s drafts giving them back-to-back selections in the first round. Finally, the New Orleans Saints and Philadelphia Eagles swapped a bunch of draft picks that have the Saints picking at No. 16 and No. 19 while the Eagles will pick at No. 15 and No. 18.
Here, we will be tracking all of the trades that go down during the 2022 NFL Draft.
First round trades
UPDATE: The NFL set a record for trades in the first round of an NFL Draft with nine. You can find them below.
- The Baltimore Ravens have sent wide receiver Marquise Brown and pick No. 100 to the Arizona Cardinals for pick No. 23, per Ian Rapoport.
- The Tennesee Titans are sending wide receiver AJ Brown to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Titans will receive No. 18 and a third-rounder, per Dianna Russini.
- The Washington Commanders are trading back from No. 11. The New Orleans Saints are moving up. Details below.
The Saints are trading the 16th pick, a third-rounder and a fourth-rounder to Washington for the 11th pick.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) April 29, 2022
- The Detroit Lions have traded up for the No. 12 pick from the Minnesota Vikings. The Lions traded picks No. 32, 34 and 66 to the Vikings to move up for No. 12 and they also sent Detroit No. 46, per Tom Pelissero.
- The Houston Texans have moved back and the Philadelphia Eagles have moved up for No. 13. Details below.
- The New England Patriots are trading back from No. 21. with the Kansas City Chiefs moving up. Details below.
The Patriots trade: Pick 21— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 29, 2022
The Chiefs trade: Pick 29, 94, 121
- The Buffalo Bills have traded up to pick No. 23. They have sent No. 23 and No. 130 to the Baltimore Ravens, per Field Yates.
- The New York Jets have traded back into the first round for their third first-round pick in this draft. The Tennessee Titans will be moving back. Details below.
The Titans trade: Pick 26, 101— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 29, 2022
The Jets trade: Pick 35, 69, 163
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have traded back into the first round to pick No. 27 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers moving back. The Jags sent the Bucs No. 33, No. 106 and No. 180 for the pick, per Tom Pelissero.
Second Round Trades
- The Green Bay Packers have moved up to the No. 34 spot acquiring the selection from the Minnesota Vikings. Packers sent No. 53 and 59 for No. 34, per Field Yates.
- The New York Giants have moved back from pick No. 36 with the New York Jets moving up. Details below.
- The Atlanta Falcons moved up to the No. 38 pick. They traded No. 43 and No. 114 to move up, per Mike Garafolo.
- The Minnesota Vikings moved up to No. 42 sending the Indianapolis Colts No. 53, 77, and 192. Vikings also received No. 122.
- The Cleveland Browns have traded No. 44 to the Houston Texans. The Texans sent the Browns Nos. 68, 108 and 124.
- The New England Patriots have traded up for the No. 50 pick. They sent the Kansas City Chiefs No. 54 and No. 158.
- The Buffalo Bills traded No. 57 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for Nos. 60, 180, per Field Yates.
- The Cincinnati Browns have moved up to No. 60 in a trade with the Buffalo Bills. Details below.
Third round trades
- Houston Texans move up to No. 75 swapping with the Denver Broncos for Nos. 80 and 162.
- The Las Vegas Raiders traded No. 86 to the Tennessee Titans for picks No. 90 and 169.
- The Carolina Panthers have traded up to the No. 94 pick.
Passing to the Panthers.— New England Patriots (@Patriots) April 30, 2022
Patriots trade pick 94 to Carolina for pick 137 and a 3rd round pick in 2023. pic.twitter.com/pjyEQUYUTZ
- This Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos agreed to a trade, per Patrick Smyth.