Deontay Wilder makes his return to the ring on Saturday for the first time in a year, and he’ll face Robert Helenius who will look to stop the comeback before it can get going. The fighters will meet in a PBC on FOX PPV that could feature nearly six hours of boxing at Barclay Center in New York City.
The preliminary fights for this card get started at 7 p.m. ET and will air on FS2. The main card PPV gets started at 9 p.m. and Wilder and Helenius are expected to head to the ring right around midnight.
Wilder is back in the ring for the first time since suffering a brutal knockout loss to Tyson Fury. Helenius is fighting for the first time since that night as well, having beaten Adam Kownacki via sixth-round TKO that night.
Wilder is a decent-sized favorite to win at DraftKings Sportsbook. He is installed at -800 while Helenius is a +500 underdog. The favored fight outcome is a Wilder win by KO, TKO, or DQ at -450. A Wilder decision or technical decision follows at +600. A Helenius stoppage is +800 and a Helenius decision is +1400.
Full Card for Deontay Wilder vs. Robert Helenius
- Main event: Deontay Wilder vs. Robert Helenius, 12 rounds, heavyweight
- Caleb Plant vs. Anthony Dirrell, 12 rounds, super middleweight
- Gary Antonio Russell vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez, 12 rounds, bantamweight
- Frank Sanchez vs. Carlos Negron, 10 rounds, for WBC Continental Americas heavyweight title
- Vito Mielnicki Jr. vs. Limberth Ponce, 8 rounds, junior middleweight
- Michel Rivera vs. Jerry Perez, 8 rounds, lightweight
- Gurgen Hovhannisyan vs. Michael Coffie, 8 rounds, heavyweight
- Michael Angeletti vs. Jeremy Adorno, 6 rounds, junior featherweight
- Keeshawn Williams vs. Julio Rosa, 6 rounds, welterweight
- Geovany Bruzon vs. James Evans Jr., 4 rounds, heavyweight
- Miguel Roman vs. Jose Negrete, 4 rounds, junior featherweight