Pro boxing kicks off 2022 in Hollywood, Florida with a “heavy” FOX PPV card. Luis Ortiz and Charles Martin are fighting a heavyweight eliminator bout atop a card that features mostly heavyweights.
The Ortiz-Martin card gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on New Year’s Day with ring walks for the main event expected around 10:30 p.m. It’s a FOX Sports television PPV and you can view a live stream at FITE.tv.
The IBF currently ranks Martin as the No. 2 contender and Ortiz as the No. 10 contender. Oleksandr Usyk is the current IBF titleholder. Ortiz is 32-2 and coming off a win over Alexander Flores in November 2020. His two losses both came in heavyweight title fights against Deontay Wilder. Martin is 28-2-1 and last fought in February 2020 when he beat Gerald Washington via sixth round TKO. Ortiz is a -340 favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook while Martin is a +265 underdog.
Five other fights on the card are getting odds at DraftKings Sportsbook. We’ve included the odds below.
Full Card for Luis Ortiz vs. Charles Martin
- Main event: Luis Ortiz vs. Charles Martin, 12 rounds, IBF heavyweight eliminator
- Frank Sanchez (-3000) vs. Christian Hammer (+1200), 10 rounds, heavyweight
- Jonathan Rice (-165) vs. Michael Coffie (+135), 10 rounds, heavyweight
- Gerald Washington (+190) vs. Ali Eren Demirezen (-240), 10 rounds, heavyweight
- Frank Martin (-750) vs. Romero Duno (+500), 10 rounds, lightweight
- Viktor Vykhryst (-3000) vs. Iago Kiladze (+1100), 8 rounds, heavyweight
- Geovany Bruzon vs. Lenier Pero, 8 rounds, heavyweight
- Maliek Montgomery vs. Angel Luna, 8 rounds, junior lightweight
- Atif Oberlton vs. Ernest Amuzu, 6 rounds, light heavyweight
- Steven Torres vs. James Evans, 4 rounds, heavyweight
- Alayn Limonta vs. Ray Barlow, 4 rounds, welterweight