Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano are set to square off Saturday, July 17th in a big-time unification bout for the undisputed junior middleweight crown. The fight will take place at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, with coverage of the event starting at 9:00 p.m. ET on Showtime.
There are some interesting fights on the undercard, including Ronald Romero vs. Austin Dulay for a lightweight title, but all eyes will be on Charlo vs. Castano. Charlo enters the fight with a 34-1 record and holds the WBC, WBA, IBF, and The Ring titles. Castano is 17-0-1 and holds the WBO title. The two fighters will likely enter the ring in the 11 p.m. hour, probably by 11:30 p.m. Of course, that will depend on how the rest of the card goes, but if you’re just looking to watch the main event, you should be at your TV by 11 just to be safe.
Charlo is the favorite to win this showdown, with moneyline odds sitting at -265 on DraftKings Sportsbook. The moneyline for Castano sits at +210. The favored fight outcome is Charlo by decision, installed at +125.
- Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano for the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, The Ring junior middleweight titles
- Ronaldo ‘Rolly’ Romero vs. Anthony Yigit for the WBA interim lightweight title
- Amilcar Vidal vs. Immanuwel Aleem, middleweight
- Bakhram Murtazaliev vs. Khiary Gray, junior middleweight
- Pablo Rubio, Jr. vs. Eric Manriquez, featherweight
- Amed Medina vs. Reginald Hinson, featherweight
- Roberto Zavala, Jr. vs. Levi James West, heavyweight
- Xavier Nunez vs. David Alfaro, featherweight