The Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul fight scheduled for Sunday, June 6th in Miami at Hard Rock Stadium is the main event on the card. But according to the Florida State Boxing Commission, it won’t even count.
And that’s because even the State of Florida, where you can wrestle an alligator or keep a tiger in your backyard without much government interference, won’t sanction a bout where the weight difference between the fighters could be 35 pounds or more.
So the state will provide a referee, but there will be no judges, and there will be no decision announced even if one of the combatants gets knocked out.
Rules for Floyd Mayweather vs. Jake Paul
- Eight rounds, three minutes each
- No judges scoring the bout
- The referee can stop the contest at any time
- 12-ounce gloves will be used
- No headgear for either fighter
- No winner will be declared
- Logan Paul has agreed to weigh in at 190 lbs. or less, will be fined $100,000 for every pound over that limit