Gervonta Davis and Mario Barrios square off in Atlanta Saturday evening in a WBA junior welterweight title bout that headlines what should be a fun main card of boxing. The event will air on Showtime with the main card scheduled to start at 9 p.m. ET, per Showtime. The cable channel will also air it via live stream through Showtime Anytime.
Davis-Barrios is an intriguing fight with Davis taking a step up in weight to face a fighter in Barrios who has spent much of his career at 140 pounds. It’s a big challenge with Barrios’ title on the line and should make for an exciting close to the evening.
However, the night will feature several notable fights with some short- and long-term implications. The penultimate fight of the evening will see Erickson Lubin and Jeison Rosario square off in what is being described as a WBC super welterweight title eliminator. The winner could get a shot at the winner of July’s fight between Jermall Charlo and Brian Castano.
The main card will also include a WBA junior welterweight title eliminator between Batyr Akhmedov and Argenis Mendez. The winner would become the mandatory for the winner of the Davis-Barrios fight.
Here’s a full rundown of the card for Saturday’s event in Atlanta.
Davis vs. Barrios full card
Main card (Showtime PPV)
- Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barrios, 12 rounds, super lightweight – Barrios’ WBA junior welterweight title
- Erickson Lubin vs. Jeison Rosario, 12 rounds, junior middleweight – WBC junior middleweight title eliminator
- Carlos Adames vs. Alexis Salazar, 10 rounds, super welterweight
- Batyr Akhmedov vs. Argenis Mendez, 12 rounds, super lightweight – WBA junior welterweight title eliminator
- Leduan Barthelemy vs. Viktor Slavinsky, 8 rounds, super featherweight
- Andres Gutierrez vs. Angel Hernandez, 8 rounds, super lightweight
- Dalton Bodie vs. Trever Bradshaw, 4 rounds, super middleweight
- Stacey Selby vs. William Parra Smith, 4 rounds, super lightweight