The lightweight division will feature an important non-title bout this weekend when Vasiliy Lomachenko faces off against Masayoshi Nakatani at The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. The undercard gets started at 7:15 p.m. and the main card gets started at 10 p.m. Lomachenko-Nakatani is likely to get going in the 11 p.m.
The card is not exactly a standout one, but the co-feature at 10 p.m. could be an interesting one. Rob Brant and Janibek Alimkhanuly will face off in a middleweight bout. Brant is 26-2 and held the WBA middleweight title in 2018 and 2019 before losing it to Ryota Murata in July 2019. Alimkhanuly is 9-0 and holds a pair of secondary middleweight titles. The Ring ranks Brant No. 8 and Alimkhanuly among all middleweights.
The last fight of the undercard before the co-feature and main event includes another undefeated fighter. Giovani Santilla brings his 26-0 record to the ring to face 23-4 Cecil McCalla in a welterweight bout. Santilla is coming off a majority decision that raised some questions, and will look to put those to bed as he attempts to force his way into the championship conversation.
The entire event airs on ESPN+, which means it will not be available on traditional television in the US. You can subscribe to ESPN+ on the ESPN website, where you can get a monthly subscription for $5.99, or get the ESPN/Disney/Hulu bundle for $13.99 per month. If you’re viewing Lomachenko vs. Nakatani from the UK, you can live stream the bout on Sky Sports.
Here’s the full card for Saturday’s lightweight main event.
Lomachenko vs. Nakatani full card
- Main event: Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani, lightweights
- Co-feature: Rob Brant vs. Janibek Alimkhanuly, middleweights
- Cecil McCalla vs. Giovani Santillan, welterweights
- Luis Fernando Saavedra vs. Robert Rodriguez, bantamweights
- Jaime Jasso vs. Floyd Diaz, bantamweights
- Marlon Williams vs. Guido Vianello, heavyweights
- Subaru Murata vs. Keven Monroy, junior featherweights
- DeMichael Harris vs. Jonatan Hernan Godoy, lightweights