Jermall Charlo will put his WBC middleweight title on the line on Saturday evening when he faces off against Juan Macias Montiel. The fight kicks off Saturday night with the main card starting at 9 p.m. ET. at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Ring walks for Charlo vs. Montiel are expected around 11:30 p.m. ET depending on the length of the undercard. The fight will air on Showtime.
Charlo is a heavy favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook, installed at -10000 to win while Montiel is a +1200 underdog. It’s unlikely we see an overly competitive fight, and so we are left hoping for a fun undercard. Among the fights on the card with odds at DK, Angelo Leo vs. Aaron Alameda features the closest line. Leo is a -265 favorite while Alameda is a +188 favorite.
Here’s a look at what appears to be the full card for Saturday’s Charlo-Montiel fight. Most of these fights are listed at BoxRec. Kudratillo Abdukakhorov vs. Cesar Miguel Barrionuevo is not listed there but is showing up in various other media outlets. It would appear the four fights before Charlo-Montiel are the rest of the main card and everything else is preliminary, but it’s not 100% clear.
Charlo vs. Montiel full card
- Main event: Jermall Charlo vs. Juan Macias Montiel for Charlo’s WBC middleweight title
- Isaac Cruz vs. Francisco Vargas, lightweights
- Angelo Leo vs. Aaron Alameda, junior featherweights
- Kudratillo Abdukakhorov vs. Cesar Miguel Barrionuevo, welterweights (maybe)
- Gabriel Maestre vs. Cody Crowley, welterweights
- Alexis Salazar vs. Jairo Ariel Rayman, middlewights
- Miguel Flores vs. Diuhl Olguin, featherweights
- Richard Medina vs. Omar Castillo, featherweights
- Willie Jones vs. Brian Jones, welterweights
- Desmond Lyons vs. Jose Israel Ibarra, junior lightweights
- Michael Angeletti vs. Luis Javier Valdes, junior featherweights