England and Croatia are the big names in Group D and will kick off group play against each other in a rematch of the 2018 World Cup semifinal. Czech Republic has some talent, but will most likely be competing for a spot in the knockout round via the third-place team tiebreakers. Scotland is making its first Euro appearance since 1996 and will be fired up, especially after getting placed in the same group as England. Those two teams will meet June 18 at Wembley Stadium.
England is the favorite at -235 according to DraftKings Sportsbook. Croatia is -150 to finish top two while Czech Republic and Scotland are +200 and +350 respectively in the same category.
Here are the standings and upcoming schedule for Group D.
Group D standings
- England, 2-0-1, 7 points — clinched knockout stage berth
- Croatia, 1-1-1, 4 point — clinched knockout stage berth
- Czech Republic, 1-1-1, 4 points — clinched knockout stage berth
- Scotland, 0-1-2, 1 point
Group D schedule (all times ET)
England 1, Croatia 0
- Raheem Sterling scored a goal in the 57th minute to give England the win and a small bit of revenge for a semifinal loss in the 2018 World Cup. Sterling scored on a right footed shot from the center of the box and was assisted by Kalvin Phillips.
Czech Republic 2, Scotland 0
- Patrik Schick scored both goals to give Czech Republic three points in its opener. His second goal came from midfield on a perfectly placed lofted kick over the over-extended goalkeeper.
Croatia 1, Czech Republic 1
- Patrik Schick scored a goal on a penalty kick for the Czechs in the 37th minute, but Croatia was able to equalize in the 47th minute on an Ivan Perisic goal. Prior to the tournament, Croatia was a sizable favorite to finish second and advance, but they now need a win and help from the rest of the group to advance.
England 0, Scotland 0
- England controlled possession in this one 60-40, but could only manage one shot on goal on nine total shots. Scotland had one shot on goal amongst its 11 shots. England is in good shape to advance to the knockout stage and can win their group next Tuesday against the Czech Republic.
England 1, Czech Republic 0
- Raheem Sterling scored in the 12th minute and England controlled possession 56-44 throughout the game to hold on for the win and to secure the top spot in Group D for the knockout stage.
Croatia 3, Scotland 1
- Croatia needed a high scoring, dominant win to overcome tiebreakers against the Czech Republic and they got it. Croatia scored in the 17th, 62nd, and 77th minutes to secure the win and overcome a goals scored differential. They’ll advance as the No. 2 team while the Czech Republic should advance as one of the four best third place teams.