clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

How the public is betting Serie A for July 1st, including Inter Milan-Brescia

We break down how the public is betting on Serie A games Wednesday.

Ciro Immobile of SS Lazio kicks the ball during the Serie A football match between Torino FC and SS Lazio. SS Lazio won 2-1 over Torino FC. Photo by Nicolò Campo/LightRocket via Getty Images

The betting splits are in for Wednesday’s six-game Serie A slate, and there are a pair of lopsided matchups in the eye’s of sports bettors. We have the public’s betting splits on DraftKings Sportsbook available, and here’s the breakdown of what those look like.

A.C. Milan (-167) has a ridiculous 97 percent of the handle agains last place SPAL (+480). The other 3 percent of the handle is on a tie. Milan only beat SPAL 1-0 earlier this year but has scored six goals while conceding one since Serie A play resumed in June. SPAL will almost certainly be relegated while Milan has a chance to crack the top five. Going against the grain here is rare, as Milan also has 99 percent of the total bets.

The other lopsided game to look out for is Sampdoria-Lecce. Sampadoria is favored at +114 and has 93 percent of the handle alongside 81 percent of the total bets. Both teams are toward the bottom of the standings and haven’t won since since Serie A resumed play, but Lecce has given up more goals (64) than any other team.

Although third place Inter Milan is favored at -590 against 19th place Brescia (+1500), 96 percent of the handle is on a tie (+650). Bets on draws don’t usually have this much value, so it’s not surprising to see so many taking this route. After all, Inter only won 2-1 earlier this year. On the other hand, 96 percent of the total bets are on Inter, which is clearly the better team. Banking on rust playing a factor and neither side scoring because of it isn’t a bad strategy, but Inter could also win in a landslide.