The late afternoon matchups contain one of the biggest point spreads of Week 1. As a matter of fact, the Bengals-Seahawks (Bengals +9.5) game is second on the list, falling behind Washington-Eagles (Washington +10.) This comes as no surprise, as Cincinnati is argued to be the worst team in the league. But should we automatically count out the Bengals with their newly appointed head coach Zac Taylor? Yes, we should.
These two teams last met in 2015, which happened to be the last time the Bengals were relevant. Cincinnati pulled off a home-field overtime victory, beating Seattle 27-24. A lot can, and did, happen in four years, though. And with the venue switching back to the Evergreen State, Andy Dalton (DFS salary $5,000) and the Bengals find themselves in one of the hardest positions to start the season. To make matters worse, Cincy is indefinitely without star receiver A.J. Green due to an ankle injury. The Seahawks, on the other hand, have the promise of a great season, especially after trading for a beast of a pass-rusher in Jadeveon Clowney. Led by Russell Wilson ($6,300 and fifth most expensive on DraftKings,) Seattle will be shooting for a playoff run this season.
Don’t expect the Bengals to cover the spread here. In fact, I’d be impressed if Cincinnati scores more than 10 points. This is a perfect opportunity for Chris Carson ($5,700) to establish himself as a top-tier running back. With a comfortable lead throughout this game, I could see Carson getting at least two touchdowns.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bengals at Seahawks
Point Spread: Bengals +9.5
Total Points: 44
Money Line: Bengals +360; Seahawks -455
Overall 2018: Bengals 6-10; Seahawks 10-7
ATS 2018: Bengals 9-7; Seahawks 11-5-1
O/U 2018: Bengals 10-6; Seahawks 10-7
Notable Prop Bets
- Tyler Boyd to go under 74.5 receiving yards: -115
- Giovani Bernard to score a TD: +1800
- Chris Carson to score 2+ TDs: +425
- Tyler Lockett to score 1st TD and team to win: +700
- The Seahawks have won each of their last 14 September games at CenturyLink Field.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in each of their last five road openers.
- Eight of the Seahawks’ last nine games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Jaron Brown has scored the first touchdown in four of the Seahawks’ last five Sunday games as home favorites.
- Chris Carson has scored a touchdown in each of the Seahawks’ last three games as favorites.
- Giovani Bernard has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Bengals’ last four road games against NFC opponents.
- Tyler Lockett has scored a touchdown in four of the Seahawks’ last five day games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.