The Raiders and the Colts probably had the strangest preseason of any teams. The Raiders starred as one of the main characters in the Antonio Brown show, while the Colts switched starting QBs a week before their season opener when Andrew Luck announced his retirement. Is it just me or does that feel like it was months ago? Three weeks later, these two teams find themselves in opposite positions. Oakland began its season with a win then followed it up with two losses, while Indianapolis lost its opener only to win two in a row right after. Now, the two square off on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Last season, the Colts made a visit to the Raiders to deliver them a 42-28 loss, obliterating the over by 19 points. This season, with the over/under set at 45.5 points and neither team being as offensively potent (Raiders with 16 PPG, Colts with 23.3) as they were, the under feels more likely. Jacoby Brissett has proven himself a capable quarterback so far, and the Colts are respectable favorites at -6.5. But as we saw last week, the Colts established a 20-3 halftime lead at home against the Falcons, yet could only put seven points on the board in the second half. If a similar story plays out in Week 4, I’m not confident in the Raiders’ ability to build a comeback as the Falcons did.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
On a player level, I’m focusing on Marlon Mack for my prop bets. Mack’s averaging just under 100 rushing yards per game (third-highest,) though most of that was generated in the season opener when he ran for 174 yards against the Chargers. Since then, he’s put up 51 and 74 yards respectively. The Raiders have allowed 112.3 rushing yards per game, and as we saw last week against the Vikings (211 rushing yards allowed,) they are susceptible against solid rush offenses. Picking the under (Colts to cover) plus a big game from Marlon Mack is the direction I’m headed for this one.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Raiders at Colts
Point Spread: Raiders +6.5
Total Points: 45.5
Money Line: Raiders +250; Colts -295
Overall: Raiders 1-2; Colts 2-1
ATS: Raiders 1-2; Colts 2-0-1
O/U: Raiders 1-2; Colts 2-1
Notable Prop Bets
- Darren Waller over 6.5 receptions: +120
- Derek Carr over 1.5 pass TDs: +130
- Eric Ebron to score a TD and team to win: +240
- Marlon Mack to have over 80.5 rushing yards: -110
- The favorites have won each of the Colts’ last 15 games at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- The Raiders have failed to cover the spread in 10 of their last 11 road games against AFC opponents.
- Fifteen of the Colts’ last 22 home games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Zach Pascal has scored the first touchdown in each of the Colts’ last two home games in September.
- T.Y. Hilton has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Colts’ last four games.
- Tyrell Williams has scored a touchdown in each of the Raiders’ last three games.
- Marlon Mack has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Colts’ last four games as favorites.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.