NFL Week 2: Seahawks vs. Steelers Odds, Lines, Spread, Prop Bets
I’ll admit, I did not think Andy Dalton would throw for a career-high 418 yards last week against the Seahawks, especially without his top receiver, A.J. Green. Chalk it up to Week 1 weirdness. The 2019 season landscape has started to take form, and though the Seahawks are still in positive shape with a 1-0 record, the Steelers will want to completely disconnect from their Week 1 results.
A non-existent offense mixed with a defense that couldn’t stop Tom Brady was the Steelers’ recipe for a 33-3 loss to the Patriots. The last time Ben Roethlisberger (DFS salary $5,800) went without a touchdown pass in a game was back in 2017, when he also threw five interceptions to Jaguars defenders. He and the Steelers then went on to win eight straight. With James Conner ($6,800) and JuJu Smith-Schuster ($7,500) likely to play in Week 2, a bounce-back game for Pittsburgh feels right. The Seahawks, flying in from the west coast, are looking to score points in Pittsburgh for the first time in 20 seasons. It’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of how many they can rack up. If Tyler Lockett ($6,200) plays, this game could open up quite a bit and give Seattle the opportunity to establish the run, something it didn’t accomplish last week with only 72 rushing yards.
Though neither teams reached the over in their respective Week 1 matchups, I think they’ll get past 47.5 points in Week 2. Conner will start the season scoring off for the Steelers, while the Seahawks will continue to work through Chris Carson ($6,400) giving him his third TD of the season already. In the end, Roethlisberger will get his third career win in four games against Seattle, but Pittsburgh won’t cover the 3.5-point spread.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Seahawks at Steelers
Point Spread: Seahawks +3.5
Total Points: 47.5
Money Line: Seahawks +165; Steelers -190
Overall 2018 (2019): Seahawks 10-7 (1-0); Steelers 9-6-1 (0-1)
ATS 2018 (2019): Seahawks 11-5-1 (0-1); Steelers 8-7-1 (0-1)
O/U 2018 (2019): Seahawks 10-7 (0-1); Steelers 8-8 (0-1)
Notable Prop Bets
- Chris Carson to score first TD of the game: +600
- D.K. Metcalf over 47.5 receiving yards: -115
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to go over 79.5 receiving yards: -115
- James Conner to score a TD and team to win: +135
- The Seahawks have lost each of their past five road openers.
- The Seahawks have covered the spread in each of their past six games as underdogs.
- Eleven of the Steelers’ past 13 games as home favorites have gone OVER the total points line.
- Chris Carson has scored the first touchdown in three of the Seahawks’ past six games.
- Tyler Lockett has scored a touchdown in each of the Seahawks’ past five Sunday day games as underdogs.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has scored a touchdown in six of the Steelers’ past seven Sunday day games as home favorites.
- James Conner has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Steelers’ past five games as home favorites.
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is mdashlap) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.