There may not be two teams in the NFL heading in more opposite directions than the Patriots and Dolphins, and it is reflected heartily in the spread. Miami is coming off of an absolute drubbing against the Ravens. Baltimore took a 42-10 halftime lead, then took the gas off...and still won 59-10. The Dolphins are clearly tanking for Tua [Tagovailoa], to the point where numerous players reportedly wanted out of Miami after the game. This team has a legitimate chance to go 0-16.
New England, meanwhile blew out a major rival in the Steelers 33-3. They had had 465 yards of total offense. Did I mention they will also be adding Antonio Brown to the mix for Week 2? This has a chance to be one of the best Patriots teams yet, especially on offense.
Of course, the odds-makers know all this, and the Pats are the biggest road favorites in a game since 2007. Will they continue to falter in Miami, even if it isn’t in the form of an outright upset like in 2018? That is the key question. But on paper, the Dolphins don’t belong on the same field as New England.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Patriots at Dolphins
Point Spread: Dolphins +18.5
Total Points: 48.5
Money Line: Dolphins +1200; Patriots -2000
Overall 2018 (2019): Patriots 14-5 (1-0); Dolphins 7-9 (0-1)
ATS 2018 (2019): Patriots 12-7 (1-0); Dolphins 8-8 (0-1)
O/U 2018 (2019): Patriots 7-12 (0-1); Dolphins 8-8 (1-0)
Notable Prop Bets
Sony Michel Touchdown - First +550; Last +500; To Score -143
Antonio Brown Touchdown - First +950; Last +950; To Score +140
Total Points - Over 14.5 -106; Under 14.5 -122
First Scoring Play - Patriots Touchdown +100; Patriots Field Goal +230; Dolphins Touchdown +475; Dolphins Field Goal +750
- The home team has covered the spread in 12 of the last 13 games between the Patriots and Dolphins.
- Each of the Dolphins’ last 10 September games at Hard Rock Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
- Sony Michel has scored the first touchdown in three of the Patriots’ last four games.
- Julian Edelman has scored a touchdown in each of the Patriots’ last four games against AFC East opponents.
- Phillip Dorsett has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Patriots’ last four games against AFC opponents.
- Kenyan Drake has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Dolphins’ last six games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.