The 49ers took a tough loss to the Ravens, and have now gone from potential NFC favorites to underdogs just to win their own division. The road doesn’t get any easier, but all is not lost in the Bay Area. San Francisco still has the second-best defense according to Football Outsiders DVOA, and are first against the pass. The offense is also inside of the top 10, though a team with potential Super Bowl aspirations would like to be getting more out of their quarterback. Jimmy Garoppolo is averaging 7.1 adjusted net yards per pass attempt, which ranks only 11th in the NFL. With just the 17th-rated run game, this offense will need to get more from their highly-paid signal-caller to win games against top teams.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
The Saints clinched the NFC South with a Thanksgiving feast against the Falcons. They are top-seven in both offensive and defensive DVOA, and have a +33 point differential in the five games since Drew Brees returned from a thumb injury. Speaking of Brees, he is completing an insane 73.8% of passes so far this year. The Saints have also been devastating in the run game, ranking first in the NFL in Adjusted Line Yards. No matter how you slice it, this team is a tough out. They are especially good at home, where they have averaged 0.28 more points per drive.
49ers at Saints
Point Spread: 49ers +3
Total Points: 44
Money Line: 49ers +135; Saints -165
Overall: 49ers 10-2; Saints 10-2
ATS: 49ers 8-4; Saints 8-4
O/U: 49ers 5-7; Saints 6-6
- Out: S Jaquiski Tartt (ribs), DT Jullian Taylor (elbow)
- Questionable: WR Marquise Goodwin (knee, foot), WR Dante Pettis (knee), T Joe Staley (finger)
- Out: LB Kiko Alonso (thigh), LB A.J. Klein (knee), RB Zach Line (knee), G Andrus Peat (forearm), TE Jason Vander Laan (head)
- Questionable: T Terron Armstead (ankle), C Will Clapp (elbow), CB Patrick Robinson (calf)
- The Saints have won each of their last seven games following a Division game.
- The Saints have covered the spread in four of their last five home games against NFC West opponents.
- Each of the 49ers’ last six Week 14 games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.