The Bucs have some notable injuries heading into their Week 15 matchup against the Lions. Jameis Winston is dealing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand that he’s expected to play through. Ryan Griffin is on-call to slide in if needed but even with the injury mid-game, Winston managed a season-high 456 passing yards against the Colts in the 38-35 win. Mike Evans was forced to leave after making his only reception, a 61-yard touchdown, suffering a hamstring injury during his scamper to the end zone.
With Evans likely out, it makes Chris Godwin the solidified WR1 in this offense, which also helps us from guessing who the ball will go to when Evans is active. The Lions have one of the worst secondaries in the league, allowing an average of 182 receiving yards and 13.6 YPR per game. While the Bus running game isn’t particularly strong, Ronald Jones and Peyton Barber could be relied upon more if Winston is having issues throwing with his thumb. The Lions run defense has also been extremely poor, allowing an average of 99 rushing, 56 receiving and 4.1 YPC.
After an impressive Thanksgiving debut, David Blough took a step back against a poor Vikings secondary, throwing for 205 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in the Lions 20-7 loss. He’ll have a chance to get back on track against a Bucs secondary that’s allowed a total of 2639 receiving yards to opposing wide receivers, the highest in the league. With some talented receivers surrounding him like Kenny Golladay and Danny Amendola, Blough could be an underrated part of this game against the Bucs. Especially when you consider how well the Bucs run defense has been, allowing just 763 rushing yards, which is the lowest in the league. Blough will likely be relying heavily on his receivers, especially in a game where they’re projected to be playing from behind.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook
Point Spread: Buccaneers -4
Total Points: 47.5
Money Line: Buccaneers -195; Lions +160
Overall 2019: Buccaneers 6-7; Lions 3-9-1
ATS 2019: Buccaneers 4-8-1; Lions 5-8
O/U 2019: Buccaneers 10-3; Lions 8-5
- Out: DT Beau Allen (ankle), WR Mike Evans (hamstring), LB Anthony Nelson (hamstring)
- Doubtful: T Donovan Smith (ankle, knee)
- Questionable: G Alex Cappa (elbow), QB Jameis Winston (right thumb, knee)
- Out: G Joe Dahl (back, knee), LB Jarrad Davis (ankle, knee), DT A’Shawn Robinson (shoulder), QB Matthew Stafford (hip, back), T Rick Wagner (knee)
- Questionable: DT John Atkins (illness), LB Christian Jones (shoulder), RB Bo Scarbrough (ribs)
Notable prop bets
- Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 -134, Under 2.5 +102
- Score First Touchdown -150
- Total Points - Over 20.5 +100, Under 20.5 -129
- Kenny Golladay to Score +110
- The Lions have lost each of their last six games.
- The Lions have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven Sunday games.
- Each of the Buccaneers’ last game games against NFC opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.