We were all fortunate enough to witness one of the best games of the season last week as the Saints and 49ers came down to the wire. That could potentially be the NFC Conference Championship matchup, which is a sign of a very exciting postseason. This week, the Niners look to run the table against NFC South opponents this season as they host the Falcons on Sunday. If we put odds on a seesaw, Atlanta would be hanging in the air because San Francisco is such a heavy favorite. Even I know how bad that joke was.
In all seriousness, this game should be a breeze for Jimmy Garoppolo (DFS salary $6,100), even though the Panthers and Saints have had trouble with the Falcons over the past month and a half. The Niners got Emmanuel Sanders ($6,600) heavily involved for the first time since October, as he caught seven for 157 yards and a touchdown while also throwing a 35-yard score to Raheem Mostert ($5,200). George Kittle ($6,200) went 6-67-1, adding his own contribution to the 48 team total. With the seemingly healthy offense firing on all cylinders, it will arguably be the Atlanta defense’s toughest assignment all season.
While the Falcons got Devonta Freeman ($5,800) and Austin Hooper ($5,000) back in action, the passing game lost Calvin Ridley for the season with an abdominal injury. The young wide receiver had been turning it on as of late, and now Matt Ryan ($5,900) will have to rely a bit more on Julio Jones ($7,000). At this point in the season, teams like the Falcons are playing to get experience for young guys and to hopefully spoil someone’s season. And while knocking off the number one seed would be fun, it would also be helping their NFC South rivals. Seems like a lose-lose to me. Regardless, I’ll take the 49ers to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Falcons at 49ers
Point Spread: Falcons +10.5
Total Points: 48.5
Money Line: Falcons +400; 49ers -480
Overall: Falcons 4-9; 49ers 11-2
ATS: Falcons 5-8; 49ers 9-4
O/U: Falcons 5-8; 49ers 6-7
- Out: DE Allen Bailey (not injury related), G James Carpenter (concussion), T Ty Sambrailo (hamstring)
- Questionable: CB Isaiah Oliver (shoulder)
- Out: DE Dee Ford (quadricep, hamstring), DT D.J. Jones (ankle), CB Richard Sherman (hamstring), S Jaquiski Tartt (ribs), DT Jullian Taylor (elbow), CB K’Waun Williams (concussion)
Notable Prop Bets
- Total Touchdowns - Over 1.5 -167, Under 1.5 +128
- Julio Jones Receiving Yards - Over 79.5 -112, Under 79.5 -112
- Total Points - Over 29.5 -118, Under 29.5 -110
- Raheem Mostert to Score +100
- The 49ers have won nine of their last 10 Sunday games.
- The Falcons have covered the spread in six of their last seven games as underdogs against NFC West opponents.
- Five of the 49ers’ last six games against NFC opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.