Thursday Night Football features a massive spread with the Baltimore Ravens as -14.5 favorites at home against the New York Jets. The Ravens held off the Buffalo Bills in the red zone late to get a key 24-17 win, giving them their ninth win in a row, while the Jets barely came away with a win against the Miami Dolphins by a score of 22-21.
The Jets have had a relatively soft schedule as of late, facing the Dolphins, Bengals and Raiders over the past three weeks. Now, Sam Darnold and company will face their toughest competition in quite some time when they visit the Ravens. Darnold has been playing well but his opponents lack of defense has helped plenty. This Ravens team has been tough through the air as of late, holding the Bills wide receivers to just 80 yards and just 8 YPR. Still, Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder certainly can disrupt those numbers, especially Anderson, who is averaging 15.5 YPR over his last two games against the Dolphins and Bengals. The Jets should also be getting back Le’Veon Bell, who missed Week 14. He has a tall task ahead, as the Ravens are allowing an average of just 82 rushing and 30 receiving yards per game, both of which are amongst the lowest in the league.
You can’t say enough about the Ravens that hasn’t been said already. Lamar Jackson has been everything they could have hoped for and more and is in a great spot against the Jets. New York has allowed quarterbacks to run against them, as we’ve seen Josh Allen go for 38, Gardner Minshew run for 28 and Daniel Jones log 20. Oh, let’s not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick running for 65 last week either (we’re still unsure how this happened). Jackson is currently listed as questionable with a quad injury and the team is taking a “wait-and-see” approach but it would be shocking to see Jackson sit this one out. If active, he’ll see a secondary that’s been amongst the most generous, allowing an average of 167 receiving yards and 12.6 YPR. It’s a potential big spot for Marquise Brown, who has -1 receiving yards over his last two weeks. The one area the Jets have been strong is on the ground against the run, potentially making it a tough spot for Mark Ingram, who has averaged 15 carries over his last three games. The Jets are allowing an average of 62 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook.
Point Spread: Ravens -14.5
Total Points: 45
Money Line: Jets +575; Ravens -835
- Out: T Chuma Edoga (knee), TE Ryan Griffin (ankle), CB Brian Poole (concussion), RB Bilal Powell (ankle, illness)
- Doubtful: S Jamal Adams (ankle), CB Arthur Maulet (calf), WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, knee), DT Quinnen Williams (neck)
- Questionable: DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), T Kelvin Beachum (ankles), S Matthias Farley (ankle), DT Steve McLendon (knee, hip), RB Ty Montgomery (foot, hip), DE Nathan Shepherd (ankle)
- Out: LB Chris Board (concussion)
- Questionable: T Ronnie Stanley (concussion)
- Questionable: TE Mark Andrews (knee), QB Lamar Jackson (quadricep), S Anthony Levine (ankle), DT Jihad Ward (elbow)
Overall 2019: Jets 5-8; Ravens 11-2
ATS 2019: Jets 5-8; Ravens 7-6
O/U 2019: Jets 6-7; Ravens 7-6
Notable Prop Bets
Ravens team total over 29.5 -124
Ravens total touchdowns over 3.5 +123
Total touchdowns over 4.5 -155
Ravens to score 1st touchdown -278
- The Ravens have won each of their last 11 night games at M&T Bank Stadium.
- The Ravens have covered the spread in each of their last seven games as favorites against AFC East opponents.
- Each of the Jets’ last four games against AFC North opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Mark Andrews has scored a touchdown in four of the Ravens’ last five games as home favorites.
- Willie Snead IV has scored a touchdown in each of the Ravens’ last three games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- Robby Anderson has scored a touchdown in three of the Jets’ last four games.
- Lamar Jackson has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Ravens’ last four games at M&T Bank Stadium.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.