Cowboys-Giants betting splits
The Cowboys and Giants square off on Monday Night Football in just over an hour, and the betting public is heavily backing the road Cowboys in this one. The DraftKings Sportsbook betting split has 84 percent of the handle and 78 percent of total bets on the Cowboys at -6.5. The point total sits at 48.5, and the over is backed with 70 percent of the handle and 54 percent of total bets.
In the first quarter of last week’s Monday Night Football game, the Steelers were in line to give the Dolphins their first win of the season. But Pittsburgh wouldn’t let that happen. And once again, we were subject to a one-sided Monday matchup as the Steelers went on to win, 27-14. Speaking of one-sided, this week’s MNF game features a rivalry that’s been that way in recent seasons. The Dallas Cowboys have won five straight and 10 of their past 13 games against the New York Giants. Although, this is Daniel Jones’ first time playing against his team’s NFC East rivals, so maybe the tides will start to turn.
The last time these two franchises met on Monday night was in Dallas in 2010. The Giants emerged victorious in a 41-35 shootout. There’s certainly potential for a similar score this time around. With one of the highest point totals of the week, Jones coming off of a four-touchdown performance and the Cowboys’ offense fresh off of their bye week, we could witness a plethora of touchdowns.
Whenever these two teams meet, it’s always exciting to see which stud running back will put up a bigger stat line. Granted, Saquon Barkley and Ezekiel Elliott have only faced off twice in their young careers, but there will be plenty more in the future. So far, Saquon has won the total yardage matchup in each game (though zero touchdowns), while Zeke has reached the end zone in both matchups. Each RB is coming off of a massive game, with involvement in the run and pass game plans. It wouldn’t be surprising to see them be the focal points of their respective offenses again.
Seven of their last 10 meetings have been decided by seven points or less. Though the Cowboys have a lot more to play for (top of the NFC East), the Giants will have plenty of motivation to play the spoiler against their rivals. I’m taking the Giants to cover the spread.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Cowboys at Giants
Point Spread: Giants +7.5
Total Points: 47.5
Money Line: Cowboys -335; Giants +280
Overall: Cowboys 4-3; Giants 2-6
ATS: Cowboys 4-3; Giants 3-5
O/U: Cowboys 4-3; Giants 4-4
Notable Prop Bets
- Jason Witten over 3.5 receptions: +125
- Ezekiel Elliott over 115.5 total yards: -125
- Golden Tate over 5.5 receptions: +100
- Saquon Barkley over 112.5 total yards: -125
- The Cowboys have won each of their last five games against the Giants.
- The Cowboys have covered the spread in each of their last seven games against NFC East opponents.
- Eleven of the last 12 Monday night games between teams from the same division have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Cowboys have won the first quarter in each of their last 10 night games.
- Dak Prescott has scored the first touchdown in each of the Cowboys’ last three road games in November.
- Ezekiel Elliott has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Cowboys’ last six night games.
- Amari Cooper has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Cowboys’ last five games as favorites against NFC East opponents.
- Evan Engram has scored a touchdown in each of the Giants’ last three games against the Cowboys.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.