Many say the Patriots’ “real” season starts in Week 9 with their first true opponent in the Ravens. With an undefeated 8-0 record to defend, the Patriots will try and make it 9-0 in this road matchup. The Ravens really haven’t been beaten in a particular area this season but as of late, opposing receivers have averaged 21.7 DKFP over the past three weeks. That could mean good things for Julian Edelman ($7,000), Mohamed Sanu ($4,500) and Phillip Dorsett ($4,000). Aside from them, it’s a bit hard to feel confident in the Patriots’ offense against what’s been an up and down version of this Ravens defense. Of course, from a betting perspective, they’ve been one of the most profitable teams, covering the spread by an average of 11 points this season, the second-highest total aside from the 49ers.
The Ravens may be forced to throw the ball if the Patriots go to their usual strategy of taking away opposing team’s No. 1 weapon. That is by far Lamar Jackson ($6,200), who is averaging 235 yards through the air and 82 yards on the ground. We have seen teams run on the Patriots with success as of late, most notably with Nick Chubb, who had 131 yards on 20 attempts. We’ve also seen Frank Gore go for 109 yards on 17 attempts in Week 4. Even with those games in the mix, opposing running backs are averaging just 9.7 DKFP. Jackson is a different breed and has been excellent at finding lanes to use his most lethal weapon. It’ll be a pivotal part of this game if the Ravens want the upset.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook
Patriots at Ravens
Point Spread: Patriots -3
Total Points: 44.5
Money Line: Patriots -162; Ravens +140
Overall 2019: Patriots 8-0; Ravens 5-2
ATS 2019: Patriots 6-2; Ravens 2-5
O/U 2019: Patriots 2-6; Ravens 4-3
Notable Prop Bets
Ravens under 20.5 points -109
Total sacks over 4.5 -135
Total touchdowns under 4.5 +110
Patriots moneyline and under +210
- The Patriots have won each of their last 13 games.
- The Ravens have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 home games.
- Eight of the last 10 Sunday night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Sony Michel has scored the first touchdown in six of the Patriots’ last 11 games.
- James White has scored a touchdown in four of the Patriots’ last five regular season night road games.
- Mark Ingram has scored at least one touchdown in six of his last seven appearances against AFC opponents.
- Lamar Jackson has scored a touchdown in three of the Ravens’ last four Sunday games as underdogs.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.