The Colts are looking to bounce back after losing two straight. Both losses came with Jacoby Brissett (knee) sidelined – he was injured at the start of the second quarter in Week 9 with the score tied – and the team struggled with Brian Hoyer helming the offense. The Jaguars will be one of the toughest defenses the Brissett-led Colts have faced, and the team will be without top WR T.Y. Hilton (calf). Brissett has played well this season, and the Colts won five of their last seven that he completed, but this will be one of his toughest challenges so far.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
This game is rife with playoff implications. Both of these teams are still in the hunt for the AFC South title. Though the Jaguars are currently last in the division, they are just two games back from the Texans and one game back from the Wild Card. The Colts are a game back in the division and hold the tiebreaker over the Texans.
The big news for the Jaguars is the return of Nick Foles to the starting lineup. He signed in the offseason to be the starter and then fractured his collarbone in Week 1. The Gardner Minshew experience got off to a hot start, but things eventually went south. Meanwhile, Jaguars’ RB Leonard Fournette is fourth in the league in rush yards per game, though he only has one TD on the season. That’s despite 40 red-zone carries, including 18 inside the 10-yard line, and getting a carry or a target on 45% of their red-zone snaps. The Colts are a slightly above average red-zone defense, but a positive regression for Fournette is likely to come eventually.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Jaguars at Colts
Point Spread: Jaguars +2.5
Total Points: 43.5
Money Line: Colts -137; Jaguars +120
Overall: Jaguars 4-5; Colts 5-4
ATS: Jaguars 5-4; Colts 4-4-1
O/U: Jaguars 4-5; Colts 5-4
- Colts’ QB Jacoby Brissett (knee) will play. He was listed on the injury report, but participated in full all week.
- Colts’ TE Mo Allie-Cox (hip) is questionable after missing practice all week.
- Colts’ TE Jack Doyle (shoulder) will play. He missed practice on Wednesday, was limited on Thursday, and participated in full on Friday.
- Colts’ RB Jordan Wilkins (ankle) is questionable after missing practice all week.
- Jaguars’ Dede Westbrook (neck, shoulder) will play. He was listed on the injury report, but participated in full all week.
- Jaguars’ TE Seth DeValve (oblique) is doubtful. He was limited in practice on Thursday and sat out Friday.
Notable Prop Bets
Total yards of shortest successful field goal (both teams) over 27.5 +103; Josh Oliver to score +700
Parlay Colts money line and over +220; Marlon Mack to score and Colts to win +145
- The Jaguars have lost 15 of their last 17 road games against AFC South opponents.
- The Colts have covered the spread in each of their last five games against AFC South opponents.
- Seven of the last eight games between the Jaguars and Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium have gone under the total points line.
- Eric Ebron has scored the first touchdown in two of the Colts’ last three games against AFC South opponents.
- D.J. Chark has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Jaguars’ last five games as underdogs.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.