Hey Houston! Welcome back from your trip to London! Great job blowing out the Jaguars! Now enjoy a road game against the hottest team in football! Exclamation points aside, this week’s matchup between the Texans and Ravens has all the makings of a “game of the week” candidate. High point total? Two of the league’s most electric quarterbacks will see to that, setting the over/under at 51.5 (second-highest of the week). Playoff implications? A win to the Texans would put them ahead of the Ravens in the first-round bye week battle. After last week’s MNF matchup, we’re all craving another game like the one the Seahawks and 49ers put on for us.
Houston’s defense took a big hit when it lost J.J. Watt to a season-ending injury prior to the bye. This obviously opens up more space for Lamar Jackson (DFS salary $7,700), who is at the top of the MVP discussion with Russell Wilson. Any space (never mind “more”) is something you don’t want to give this guy. He ranks 11th in the league in rushing yards per game, ahead of his own teammate, Mark Ingram ($6,600). Though Houston’s defensive stats are going to change a bit without Watt, it’s still allowing the third-fewest rushing yards per game. As they say, something’s gotta give.
More bettors will consider the over if Will Fuller ($5,800) is able to return to the field this week, which is looking like a real possibility. If Deshaun Watson ($6,800) has a healthy group around him, that bodes well for the third-year quarterback who already has the third-most DraftKings points by a QB this season. There’s always the chance that two teams jockeying for a bye will come into the game being a bit more defensive-minded, but that’s just not how these sides are wired. I’m expecting an offensive showcase, with the Ravens ultimately covering -4.5 at home.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Texans at Ravens
Point Spread: Texans +4.5
Total Points: 51.5
Money Line: Texans +205; Ravens -240
Overall: Texans 6-3; Ravens 7-2
ATS: Texans 5-4; Ravens 4-4-1
O/U: Texans 4-5; Ravens 6-3
- Will Fuller V (WR) - Questionable
- Tashaun Gipson Sr. (S) - Questionable
- Bradley Roby (CB) - Questionable
- Laremy Tunsil (T) - Questionable
- Michael Pierce (DT) - Doubtful
- Marquise Brown (WR) - Questionable
- Chris Moore (WR/RS) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- DeAndre Hopkins over 6.5 receptions: +115
- Deshaun Watson over 277.5 passing yards: +105
- Lamar Jackson to have more rushing yards than Carlos Hyde: -118
- Lamar Jackson to score a TD: +120
- The home team has won each of the last six games between the Texans and Ravens.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in each of the Ravens’ last seven games at M&T Bank Stadium.
- Twelve of the Ravens’ last 13 home games against AFC South opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Lamar Jackson has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Ravens’ last four games.
- Duke Johnson Jr. has scored a touchdown in three of the Texans’ last four games.
- Mark Ingram II has scored at least one touchdown in seven of his last eight appearances in day games against AFC opponents.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.