Can anyone take down the Chiefs? While this game would have attracted more intrigue and Andrew Luck not retired, the Colts could still be one of the top teams in the AFC. They still have a great offensive line, talented skill players, and their defense has (mildly) outperformed its (admittedly low) expectations. That said, the Colts have been one of the less lucky teams on the injury front, and it’s tough to take down a juggernaut when relying on so many backups.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Whether or not the final score is close, it’s likely to involve some large numbers. The over/under for this game is seven points higher than any other in Week 5. The Chiefs lead the NFL in scoring, passing yards and offensive DVOA, and they are second in yards per game. The Colts are eighth in offensive DVOA and 12th in scoring.
While betting on Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs offense is usually a profitable strategy, bettors should stay attentive to the injury reports when considering wagers on the spread, over/under, of Colts’ players prop bets. The Colts offense looks a lot worse when TY Hilton (quad, questionable) is out, and Marlon Mack’s (ankle, questionable) availability is also unknown.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Colts at Chiefs
Point Spread: Colts +11
Total Points: 56
Money Line: Chiefs -530; Colts +440
Overall: Colts 2-2; Chiefs 4-0
ATS: Colts 2-1-1; Chiefs 3-1
O/U: Colts 3-1; Chiefs 3-1
Notable Prop Bets
Jacoby Brissett more passing yards than Patrick Mahomes +210; Alternate game spread Colts +7 +143
First team to score 30 points -180; Patrick Mahomes over 315.5 passing yards -112; Demarcus Robinson over 3.5 receptions +133
- The Chiefs have won 10 of their last 11 Sunday games at Arrowhead Stadium.
- The Chiefs have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four night games.
- Eleven of the Colts’ last 12 Sunday night games have gone over the total points line.
- In each of the Chiefs’ last four night games, the highest scoring quarter has been the fourth.
- The Chiefs have won the first quarter in each of their last eight games against AFC South opponents.
- Damien Williams has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last five appearances at Arrowhead Stadium.
- T.Y. Hilton has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Colts’ last five games.
- Eric Ebron has scored at least one touchdown in seven of the Colts’ last nine games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- Demarcus Robinson has scored a touchdown in each of the Chiefs’ last three regular season home games.
- Tyreek Hill has scored a touchdown in each of the Chiefs’ last two games against the Colts.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.