Dolphins-Steelers MNF betting update
The Dolphins and Steelers kick off in less than four hours, and the betting public thinks Miami can keep it close. At DraftKings Sportsbook, the Dolphins at +14 are getting 70 percent of bets and 59 percent of the handle. It is interesting to note that 60 percent of bets are on the Steelers to win the game, but 51 percent of the handle is on the winless Dolphins. If you’re betting the point total (43.5), 60 percent of bets is on the under, but 51 percent of the handle is on the over.
The Miami Dolphins were so very close to picking up their first win of the season last week. But a two-yard-line interception triggered the beginning of the end, and the Dolphins eventually advanced to 0-6. Meanwhile the Pittsburgh Steelers grabbed their second win on Sunday night against the LA Chargers. Now, the two teams meet for the sixth time on Monday night, but only the second time in Pittsburgh.
The last time these two franchises featured on Monday Night Football, they logged the lowest-scoring game anyone’s ever seen on Monday night, with the Steelers winning 3-0 at home in 2007. With the way these games have been going this season, that hopefully won’t be the case here. Instead, the Steelers are expected to win by nearly two touchdowns, with the spread at 13.5 points. And all signs point to the Steelers covering here.
Mason Rudolph is coming back from his concussion injury and will start at quarterback for Pittsburgh. He’s thrown for two touchdowns in three of his starts this season (excluding the game in which he suffered his injury) and led his team to a 27-3 victory over the Bengals on Monday night. As we know, MNF has basically been a guaranteed blowout this season with five of the last six games being decided by 16 or more points. Yes, the Dolphins have started to generate some offense with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm, covering the spread in their last two games, but don’t expect that to become a trend.
I could see Miami reaching double digits in this game, but not enough to push this over 43.5 points. Rudolph will continue to involve James Conner in the passing game and there will be nothing that the Dolphins can to do stop it. Steelers to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Dolphins at Steelers
Point Spread: Dolphins +14
Total Points: 43.5
Money Line: Dolphins +600; Steelers -770
Overall: Dolphins 0-6; Steelers 2-4
ATS: Dolphins 2-4; Steelers 3-2-1
O/U: Dolphins 2-4; Steelers 2-4
Notable Prop Bets
- DeVante Parker over 3.5 receptions: +125
- Kalen Ballage to score a TD: +350
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to score a TD and team to win: +100
- James Conner under 70.5 rushing yards: -112
- The Steelers have covered the spread in eight of their last nine October games as home favorites.
- Eight of the last nine Monday night games between AFC teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Dolphins have lost three of their last four road games by a margin of 21 to 30 points.
- James Conner has scored the first touchdown in three of the Steelers’ last four games as home favorites.
- DeVante Parker has scored a touchdown in each of the Dolphins’ last three games.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has scored a touchdown in three of the Steelers’ last four games in October at Heinz Field.
- James Conner has scored two touchdowns in four of the Steelers’ last five games in October.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.