It’s not very often that the Chiefs are underdogs in a game but without Patrick Mahomes (at least we think), the Packers are road favorites. When favored this season, the Packers boast a 4-1 record and are currently riding a three-game winning streak. Aaron Rodgers is coming off a ridiculous performance against the Raiders in which he threw for 429 yards, five touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. Now he’s presented with a Chiefs defense that has an average at best secondary and a very poor run defense. Aaron Jones should be busy in this one with the Packers favored and a run defense that allows an average of 127 rushing yards, 39 receiving yards and six total touchdowns to opposing backs.
The injury to Mahomes couldn’t have come at a worse time, as the Packers on paper have been one of the tougher secondaries in the league. The assumption is that Matt Moore will be under center and has to deal with a defense that has kept opposing receivers out of the end zone in four of their seven games. With Moore under center last week, the Chiefs averaged just 5.8 yards per pass attempts, which is quite the drop from the 9.1 they usually average. They also ran the ball 55.6% of the time compared to 34.2% with Mahomes. This should be a game for Damien Williams against a Packers run defense that’s allowed seven rushing touchdowns and an average of 114 rushing yards.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook.
Packers at Chiefs
Point Spread: Packers -3.5
Total Points: 48
Money Line: Packers -175; Chiefs -150
Notable Prop Bets
Packers over 25.5 points -115
Packers over 2.5 touchdowns -148
Packers sacks over 2.5 +110
Chiefs total touchdowns over 2.5 +100
- The road team has won seven of the Chiefs’ last eight games.
- The Packers have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine night games.
- Eight of the last nine Sunday night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Aaron Jones has scored the first touchdown in three of the Packers’ last four games.
- Davante Adams has scored the last touchdown in each of the Packers’ last three games as road favorites.
- Davante Adams has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Packers’ last six Sunday night games.
- Travis Kelce has scored a touchdown in each of the Chiefs’ last four Week 8 games.
- Tyreek Hill has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last six appearances with the Chiefs as underdogs.
- Each of the Packers’ last two games as road favorites against AFC opponents has gone to overtime.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.