Buffalo vs. Philadelphia. Two uniquely intense fan bases collide for the first time in four years, but we’d have to go back another four to get to the last meeting in Buffalo. The Bills won that game 31-24, but we’re not in 2011 anymore. The 3-4 Eagles will be on a mission to put an end to their two-game losing streak to stay within reach of the Cowboys. And the 5-1 Bills will aim to keep pace with the Patriots after squeaking out a win against the lowly Dolphins thanks to a fourth quarter comeback led by the defense.
Actually, the Bills’ defense is a great place to start. It’s ranked third in total yards per game and points per game, which is exactly what Carson Wentz (DFS salary $5,600) doesn’t want to hear. Coming off of two consecutive road losses with four total turnovers, Wentz will have to overcome his poor play against one of the stingiest defenses. There are clearly some weak spots, though, considering Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to throw for 282 yards and a touchdown. Wentz has much better weapons at his disposal, he just needs to start using them. Zach Ertz ($5,100) is the prime example, as he has yet to eclipse 75 receiving yards and only has one TD on the season.
As for Josh Allen ($6,500,) he should be licking his chops for this one. The Eagles have allowed the sixth-most passing yards per game, letting four of the seven opposing QBs throw for 320 or more yards and two or more touchdowns. This is a great spot for Allen to get his first career 300-yard performance and fifth career multi-passing-TD game. Watch for him to connect with his man John Brown ($5,900) consistently throughout this one. I have the Bills covering and the total staying under (at 43 points on Thursday.) Only one Bills game (last week) has gone over 43 points this season, and I think we can view that Dolphins result as an outlier.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Eagles at Bills
Point Spread: Eagles +2
Total Points: 40.5
Money Line: Eagles +110; Bills -125
Overall: Eagles 3-4; Bills 5-1
ATS: Eagles 2-5; Bills 4-2
O/U: Eagles 4-3; Bills 1-5
Notable Prop Bets
- Alshon Jeffrey over 54.5 receiving yards: +105
- Jordan Howard under 14.5 rushing attempts: -112
- Josh Allen over 210.5 passing yards: +105
- John Brown to score a TD and team to win: +375
- The Eagles have won eight of their last nine games against AFC opponents.
- The Bills have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four home games against NFC opponents.
- Five of the Bills’ last six games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Alshon Jeffery has scored the first touchdown in each of the Eagles’ last three games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- Josh Allen has scored at least one touchdown in six of his last eight appearances at New Era Field.
- Zach Ertz has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Eagles’ last three games against AFC opponents.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.