There have been some big headlines in the NFL this week, but perhaps none were bigger than Jalen Ramsey’s move from Jacksonville to Los Angeles. The Rams traded corner Marcus Peters to Baltimore (which is a plus for the Ravens) to make room for one of the league’s best defensive backs. And there will be no time to waste, as Ramsey will likely be matched up against Julio Jones (DFS salary $8,000 and highest-priced WR) in what is projected to be the highest scoring game of the week.
The Falcons’ defense has been atrocious this season, allowing the second-most points per game, only behind the Dolphins. Constantly playing from behind has forced the Falcons to throw, and, boy, are they doing a lot of that. Atlanta is one of three teams to average over 300 passing yards per game, while its running average is good for the fourth-fewest yards per game. With a 1-5 record and playoff goals out of reach due to the Saints (5-1) and Panthers (4-2) over-performing with their backup quarterbacks, the Falcons will be playing for pride throughout the rest of the season.
On the other hand, the 3-3 Rams need to get a grip on their season before it slips away to the 49ers (5-0) and Seahawks (5-1.) It’s the first time Los Angeles has experienced a three-game losing streak under head coach Sean McVay, so this is unfamiliar territory. With Todd Gurley II ($6,400) still banged up, the Rams will lean on Jared Goff ($6,200) and the passing game, which is also in the top-six for yards per game.
I actually see this as one of the potential upsets in Week 7. The Falcons’ only win this season came in one of their two home games. These two teams have played twice since the Rams moved back to LA, and the Falcons have won both. In order to improve their five-game winning streak against the Rams (St. Louis included,) Matt Ryan ($6,300) will need to utilize all of his weapons - Austin Hooper ($5,300,) Devonta Freeman ($5,400) and Calvin Ridley ($5,300) - and not just Julio. I’ll take the over and the Falcons to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Rams at Falcons
Point Spread: Falcons +3
Total Points: 54
Money Line: Rams -155; Falcons +135
Overall: Rams 3-3; Falcons 1-5
ATS: Rams 4-2; Falcons 1-5
O/U: Rams 3-3; Falcons 3-3
Notable Prop Bets
- Cooper Kupp over 82.5 receiving yards: +100
- Brandin Cooks to score a TD: +165
- Devonta Freeman over 3.5 receptions: +138
- Austin Hooper to score 2+ TDs: +700
- The Falcons have won each of their last five games as home underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Falcons have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games against NFC West opponents.
- Five of the Falcons’ last six home games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Calvin Ridley has scored the first touchdown in each of the Falcons’ last two games against NFC opponents.
- Julio Jones has scored the last touchdown in three of the Falcons’ last four games as underdogs.
- Todd Gurley II has scored two or more touchdowns in each of the Rams’ last four road games in October.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.