As per usual, the Kansas City Chiefs are featured in the game with the highest over/under of the week. But should we be worried after they put up 13 points in their first loss of the season to the Colts last week? The short answer: No. Patrick Mahomes (DFS salary $7,500) will find his offensive rhythm again, and this week could be the perfect time to do so. Meanwhile, the Houston Texans are coming off a 53-32 win over the Atlanta Falcons. Now, they’ll travel to Kansas City in what is about as close to a guaranteed shootout as a game can get.
Mahomes has never played against the Texans, but that won’t be an issue. Houston’s defense hasn’t been very impressive, giving up the ninth-most passing yards per game through five weeks. Now they have the joy of facing the Chiefs, a team that leads the league in passing yards per game. To make things even more potentially explosive, Tyreek Hill ($6,900) may return to the mix. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday that there is “optimism” that Hill returns this week. If Mahomes’ speedy deep threat is healthy enough to play, the field will open up for the likes of Travis Kelce ($7,000) and Demarcus Robinson ($5,900.)
This will likely be a bounce back week for the Chiefs, but don’t expect the Texans to recoil. Deshaun Watson ($6,700) is only trailing Russell Wilson in passing touchdowns and passer rating this season. We all witnessed Will Fuller’s ($6,000) mind-blowing performance last week, where he put up a 14-217-3 stat line. Fuller will certainly draw some attention now, so DeAndre Hopkins ($7,400) should have himself quite the game, especially if the Texans are playing catch up with the Chiefs’ offense. Kenny Stills’ ($4,200) status will also be something to monitor. Could both teams reach 30 points? Absolutely. But I think Houston will keep it relatively close, ultimately covering the spread.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Texans at Chiefs
Point Spread: Texans +3.5
Total Points: 55.5
Money Line: Texans +170; Chiefs -200
Overall: Texans 3-2; Chiefs 4-1
ATS: Texans 3-2; Chiefs 3-2
O/U: Texans 2-3; Chiefs 3-2
Notable Prop Bets
- DeAndre Hopkins to have more receiving yards than Travis Kelce: -106
- DeAndre Hopkins to score a TD: +100
- Damien Williams to score a TD: +125
- Damien Williams to have more rushing yards than Carlos Hyde: +170
- The Chiefs have won each of their last 15 day games.
- The road team has covered the spread in eight of the 10 previous games between the Texans and Chiefs.
- Each of the Chiefs’ last 10 home games against AFC South opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Chiefs have lost the first quarter in each of their last four games as favorites.
- Deshaun Watson has scored the first touchdown in three of the Texans’ last six regular season games.
- DeAndre Hopkins has scored the last touchdown in three of the Texans’ last four games against the Chiefs.
- Damien Williams has scored at least one touchdown in five of his last six appearances at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Demarcus Robinson has scored a touchdown in three of the Chiefs’ last four regular season games at Arrowhead Stadium.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.